Pre rational Vs Transrational Vs Post rational thinking

Discussion in 'Mind' started by Harry, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Harry

Harry Active Member

I was watching a video by Leo Gura titled Science Vs religion revealed [something like that] where he was talking abt pre-rational thinking and post rational thinking . I want to learn more about these concepts. I will pull over information, I got from a facebook post-

Pre, Post, and Rational Thought

There is a psychological model which describes different levels of rationale, which occur naturally in the development of a human.

Pre-Rational Thought - When a child is developing, it is hard to rationalize emotion, and because of this, the rawness of the emotion can be exciting, creative, and sometimes near explosive... yet can be unbalanced when needing to deal with practical matters.

Rational Thought - This is the integration of logic which is practical, literal, and able to make decisions based on outcome. The unbalanced bit here is that we can squash out creativity in lieu of hard facts, much like a database

Post-Rational - The boundaries to rational logic, is that there is no space for wiggle room, creativity, movement outside of that logic. As we discussed, in pre-rationalized thought, that creativity exists, but without the temperance of logic, can be quite disconnected from reality.

With post-rational thought however, we don't need to throw away logic, only touch the spaces outside of it, knowing fully that we have a grounding to come back to. To be able to leave the structure consciously, to enjoy the creativity of the space outside and between, we give ourselves room to grow and consider different perspectives, without losing touch.

This type of abstract, and yet grounded consideration, can help bridge realities, and bring life into structures which need space to grow.
    Please enlighten.

Saraswati likes this.
  2. Harry

Harry Active Member

Saraswati likes this.
  3. Saraswati

Saraswati Active Member

@Harry: Very interesting. I especially agree with the part about using Buddhist or any religion for that matter to rationalize pre rational states and I think this ends up in making pre rational emotional states worse. If the ego, which has already developed and includes the shadow is not incorporated fully within consciousness then the pre rational aspects are essentially arrested in development simply by adopting a philosophy that rationalizes those states but there is no real trans rational understanding because the rational/pre was never fully understood. This is another way of saying the only way out is through....