Terms of Service and Rules
ConsciousLivingForum.com is not responsible for any user-generated content ("Content") on this forum. Content posted express the views of their respective author only.You agree to not use this Service to post or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by a forum moderator. We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content posted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at the sole discretion of the forum moderators. We reserve the rights to accept or reject any member sign-ups, remove or banish any member from the site, grant and revoke any privileges to members within the site without warning, prior notice or giving any reason and in anytime we find appropriate. We reserve the right to anytime stop or suspend this service without prior notice, however we will make reasonable attempts to keep our members notified in advanced of such matters.
Copyright Notice / Intellectual Property InformationLegal rights of the Content sent to this forum by its members or visitors belongs to Site administration when they are submitted to the forum unless it is clearly mentioned otherwise in the submit page. Site visitors/members can not ask the submitted content to be removed or unpublished from the site later. We do not claim ownership rights over your Content. However, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display Member Content through this forum. You assume full responsibility for any Content posted or submitted, and it is agreed that all submitted materials, text, graphics and files remain the sole property of their creator.
- Members should be respectful and courteous to other members. Using offensive language, being rude, trolling, personal attacks or insults will be grounds for revocation of membership privileges.
- Links to external sites will be allowed only if they serve a meaningful purpose and add value to the discussion. Affiliate links, links to spammy sites, redirected and shortened links are not allowed and will be removed.
- Advertising your products, services or website in this forum is not allowed.
- Do not disclose any other member's email, Personal Messages, real name, address, phone number, IP address, or other personal information.
- Posting copyright material or in other words, copying and pasting content from other websites and/or offline sources is not allowed.
- Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
- Do not use Nicknames or Avatars that may be offensive.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and for any and all statements made and acts or omissions that occur through the use of your password and account.
- You may not transfer or share your account with anyone, and we reserve the right to immediately terminate your account if you do transfer or share your account.
Availability of InformationThis is a public forum and all posts on this forum can be viewed by anyone visiting this forum. Posts on this forum are indexed and are available for search in search-engines like Google.com.
Post DeletionPosts/threads once created are open to editing/deleting for a period of 24 hours after which the posts are locked and can no longer be edited or deleted.
After this point, posts/threads cannot be deleted or edited and post deletion requests will not be honored.
Account DeletionSince account deletion would mean deletion of all your posts, account deletion requests will not be honored. Accounts once created cannot be deleted. Although, it is possible to get your user ID changed. Contact the forum webmaster to do this with a valid reason.
Staying AnonymousPlease make sure that you do not post any personally identifiable information. If you are concerned about your identify and what to remain anonymous, please follow these steps while registering:
- Register using a free/personal email ID like Gmail.com instead of using a work/school/college email ID.
- Register using a generic user ID instead of user IDs that display your name.
- Do not enter any personally identifiable information in the posts you create, like the name of the college you are studying in, name of your workplace or your physical location.
- Block your profile from being publically viewable. Click here to know how.
- Read your posts once again before posting making sure that they do not give out any personally identifiable information. Also think in terms of the future.
- If you want you can also disable email notifications for your watched threads and conversations so you no longer receive messages from the site.
What Cookies Are
Cookies are small files stored on your computer by your web browser (such as Internet Explorer or Firefox) at the request of a site you're viewing. This allows the site you're viewing to remember things about you, such as your preferences and history or to keep you logged in.
Cookies may be stored on your computer for a short time (such as only while your browser is open) or for an extended period of time, even years. Cookies not set by this site will not be accessible to us.
Our Cookie Usage
- Registration and maintaining your preferences. This includes ensuring that you can stay logged in and keeping the site in the language or appearance that you requested.
- Analytics. This allows us to determine how people are using the site and improve it.
- Advertising cookies (possibly third-party). If this site displays advertising, cookies may be set by the advertisers to determine who has viewed an ad or similar things. These cookies may be set by third parties, in which case this site has no ability to read or write these cookies.
- Other third-party cookies for things like Facebook or Twitter sharing. These cookies will generally be set by the third-party independently, so this site will have no ability to access them.
Managing your cookies and cookie preferences must be done from within your browser's options/preferences. Here is a list of guides on how to do this for popular browser software: